Friday, April 22, 2011

Kihavah's Underwater Restaurant








There's a song that I hum when I'm happy....it's a Beatles tune...'I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus's garden', well, I've found it here at Kihavah Villas, they have such a place.

It's their underwater restaurant called, quite simply, Sea, looks like a wonderful place to dine, out of this world really. Fully submerged under the Indian Ocean and cleverly positioned right on the edge of the reef's drop-off, so you can see all manner of fishes and marine life just swimming on by.

One of the staff there told me that the other day a guest asked him if it was really just an aquarium....well, no.......the real thing.

It is a beautiful place to go when you are on the island, just to watch the fishes. I go down there whenever I can, lucky of me it is open for 'viewings' twice a day. They do an exclusive wine/food matched dinner. One of the guests I have befriended here and he's a foodie from the UK, said that it was in his top 10 of best ever dinig experiences, so I think that's an excellent recommendation. It's not a big restaurant, seats about 16-18 but they do it well I understand, all this is secondhand I must add, I haven't had the opportunity to dine there, yet so no pics of the food! Pete, the wine guru is a great guy, knows his wines, big time and I often rib him about him having the best working space in the entire world!

Here are some pics as a teaser, really it must be seen, so come on over my friends.
(That's me with Sam, she's a great gal from the States.)

No comments:

Post a Comment