Friday, April 22, 2011

Kihavah Resort & Spa on Baa Atoll, Maldives









Recently arrived at thenewest resort in the Anantara group; we had been here during the last days of the construction phase and I was very pleasantly surprised, to see the final outcome and in a word, this resort is 'magnificent'. I had on my earlier visit raved about the native flora, so I was pleased to see that it had been lovingly retained and merges beautifully with the resort buildings. I haven't seen so much natural landscape preserved and integrated so well into a resort on the Maldives, so it's a credit to the owners and the construction team. Having worked on many building projects, I know how hard it is to keep the sites in tack, so full credit, you got it right. I'm not the only one blown away with theresort, I read every day more and more glowing articles, so I don't want to sound like I'm parroting on, but it really is lovely. It was my artist in residence husband's idea to paint the buggies into a 'Fleet of Hogan Fishes' and they look even more amazing now that they are in use and it gives me a good feeling when I see them flitting about the island, laden with guests and seeing the guests reaction to them; with many asking for their photos to be taken, with them at the wheel. Meet some wonderful new friends from Switzerland here recently and here's a pic from Yannick's photo gallery, with him in one of the buggies, very cute!
My favourite place on the island is the Sky Bar, know what you all are thinking but no, it's not just because of the obvious, it's that and the terrific views and mostly, the comfy lounges that some very smart guy, think it was the GM, decided to put up there.
Talking of smart ideas, I love the library...and I am not the only one, I was chatting with a journo from Eastern Europe and told he told me that he wholeheartedly agreed with me. Expounding it's virtues even further by saying that he was finding that he wanted to spend a few hours in the library rather than doing just about anything else, so it's not just me. It's not something that you would expect to see on an island in the middle of a trendy resort, good idea though and so are the bookcases in the villas, stocked with an interesting array of books, gold star for that idea too.
Here are a few pics from around the resort, to enjoy.
I am going to post another blog solely on the underwater restaurant but for now there are just too many photo opportunities to fill one blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment