Monday, October 4, 2010

The Maldives




This resort in the Maldives is PARADISE, it's official.
Although the weather has not been kind to us since we arrived last month, every other little thing is excellent. My artist husband had a birthday, the resort went over the top with wonderful touches like a special birthday cake and birthday table, then it was his birthday bed...all set out with a towel 'fish' and birthday wishes, and then to really top it off, a birthday bath; what could be better than that. I think the way that these resorts do the towel folding into little towelling elephants, swans, birds, flowers, etc, etc is so eclectic and I hope that they never stop the staff doing these little things for guests, really other than excellent service there is very little other than these personal touches that they can do. So heads-up!
My days are simple, breakfast, followed by lunch, followed by dinner, some computer time, some swimming time and more lately some gym time. Could not be better, days that I have dreamed of and nights where sound sleep easily finds me.
Warish, our villa guest services man, he is excellent, he's Maldivian born and interested in a lot of things, asking about Christopher's art and we talk, in between his busy work making our villa ship-shape. He has told me that he has a wife who is a teacher on a local island which is only 10 minutes away and I showed him the pics of the art classes that Chris and I have been doing with the local school children and orphans in Thailand and we will be looking to go and do some work with the local community here in the Maldives.

No comments:

Post a Comment