Sunday, January 2, 2011

A few of my favourite things.....









been sometime since I blogged; things have been up and down, busy too with an planned trip back home for Christmas to visit the kids and grand kids and of course, my mum who turned 89 in December.
I had a wonderful time, lots of time to play with the little ones and take them out to the many new attractions in Brisbane at the MODA and State Library and on the Gold Coast to the new 'Rockpool' in the Broadwater park. All great things to do with young children and all free, what a bonus, no Dreamworld or Wet'Wild this trip.
We had a great evening out at Chill, a swish restaurant on Main Beach with my grown-up kids for my daughter's birthday party, all of us had a wonderful time. Those are some of the times that I miss being a wife in residence, so it was good to be back for a short while. I had time too to catch-up with good friends and time to sit and talk; mostly about my new life and what we were all planning for 2011. Great times, good friends and lots of good food and, mostly, NZ white wines.
Now I am back in Hua Hin with Christopher, while he does his second stint here as artist in residence. I arrived back on New Year's Day at 3am; so missed the festivities at the resort but had champers and cheers at 36,oooft on our BA flight on-route to BKK. Feeling at home here in the resort, we have the same room which makes it easy and today we are going out for lunch at Monsoon Winery, looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment