Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DETOX


I decided that I should do a few treatments that are offered at this resort. It has a Wellness Centre. So ten days ago I decided to go and have a chat with their resident doctor, well he is described as a doctor but is in fact an Ayurveda natural remedy guy educated in Indian.

The treatments all sound wonderful and after a consultation I was convinced that all my worries would be eliminated along with the body waste. Although the cost was exhort I thought that the massages would of course make it all worthwhile, not to mention the veiled thoughts of weight-loss that I had as I left his rooms.


Well to make a long 9 days into a short paragraph and so not to bore you all, the massages turned out to be a trial, especially the one where they lay you on a wooden plank for 90 minutes and pour hot oil on your forehead. Something a kind to water torture, after the first 2 minutes I could feel the fear running through my body and if it wasn't for the fact that I thought I couldn't actually walk, I would have jumped off the rack!


This treatment was followed by a deep tissue massage and then, of my god, another torture, the masseurs, there were two most days, used herb filled bags to drag in long painful strokes all over my body. So painful but hey I thought, losing kgs, so bare it Beres.


The final day of detox loomed. Dr Gopta gave me very grave looks and a long list of do's and don'ts', the don'ts' seemed a lot longer than the do's. Downed a little black pill at 6.30am and from then on it was on.......spare you the detail, but it was awful. I lost 5 kgs and my pride, after hearing doctor discussing my bowel movements with another guest!


I am continuing on my search for a better looking body, no water with meals, salads with every meal and no coffee....wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment