Monday, April 12, 2010

See Mum I told you he could do it!




















Our time at Hua. Hin, Thailand has just flown by, five weeks already of living in a wonderful resort, dining at excellent eateries and the spas...what a life, actually one that I only thought was out there.

Chris, my artist husband, has been very busy selling his art, which is a by-product of his artist in residency and he's really very good at it. I didn't really think that he had this in him but I must admit he has a lot of flare for selling! In the past he has let others sell for him but really I don't think he'll go back to those old days....both of us are finding this change of lifestyle is bringing us both different types of rewards.

In fact he's sold most of the paintings that he bought over to Thailand.

Some of his little 'puppies', as I call his paintings, have gone to Europe, here's a pic of one being packed ready to go with it's new owners, others have gone up to Shanghai and Bangkok. He is very pleased but a little overawed at the same time. Well 9 in the last 3 weeks is excellent and all that without an exhibition and no advertising...hummm could be on to something here. This boy is good, very good.

Just been up to Bangkok and ordered another 10 canvas stretches, so he'll be busy. We avoided the roits, just slipped into Chinatown and back to the Marriott Riverside where we stayed over to have a farewell dinner with Carmen and Torz and their boys. See Mum I told you he could do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment