Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Egg Painting





Haven't had much time for my blog, my daugther, Carmen has been over to visit, just in time for Easter in Hua Hin!! My artist in residence husband held easter egg painting class for the guests' children here. Lots of fun! Jet, he's 6 nearly 7 and Felix, he's just turned 2 where star egg painters, so was Mara who is pictured with Jet in top right hand picture, she is from London and did some lovely work.

At the last minute, management asked him to judge the eggs as well...the head F&B guy at the resort decided he would get extra bums on seats if he held the egg judge-off in their Italian restaurant....so although my husband was the judge......no, Jet, didn't win..heehee..Reminded me of the time when I was President of the Gold Coast Youth Ballet and put my daughter Carmen's photo on the front page of their dance program, caused a few issues, but that's another story..hahahaha.

Anyway he'd organised the kids to put their eggs onto separate plates which he then wrote their names on so he knew who had painted what. anyway, the stewards told them down to the restaurant and put them all into one basket!!!

Lots of shaking of heads mainly from Chris but finally all was (sort of) worked out....then you wouldn't guess Chris dropped the winning egg and when it hit the floor it broke...he quickly found that it wasn't hard boiled - well it is Thailand!!!much laughter....lots of fun....last time I think he will paint eggs!! I hear around the resort that he has been asked to do some body-painting for the 'farewell to the artist night' heeheehee like to see that!! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment