Thursday, March 11, 2010

My first entry as Wife in Residence


What an adventure, off into the big wide world on what I have affectionately named my 'gap-year'.
Leaving family and friends to travel with my artist husband, Christopher, while he works as an artist in residence. I didn't know what I would be on this new journey, after having had a full and mostly hectic business life working in my own engineering and project management business, University Project Management, which I established in 1990, so I decided to be a wife in residence. Following someone else's dream but also trying to keep true to myself, be by own person and take the opportunity to capture some of the time lost to me during those hard years of business in the big world.
But already, after not even a week, I am realizing that the world I am leaving is not the big world in fact it's quite small and living daily with people the smile and greet you warmly is really the big world - my new world - wife in residence. I'm enjoying this already!

No comments:

Post a Comment